Friday, August 26, 2016

ergo & essentialism

Quotations:

qanda_2016_ep11

#qanda: [ergo] Truth is, Government are afraid of these corporate & individual tax dodgers, ergo, nothing will change. 

Steph D'Souza: [essentialiam] My question is for Germaine Greer. When I was younger, I found your work a great source of strength and inspiration, it helped me resist the limitations that society or even misogynists can place on me. But I find really confusing views that you've expressed the trans-gender women are not real women. Why do you believe there is such a thing as a real woman? Isn't that the kind of essentialism that you and I are trying to resist and escape. 

Definitions:

ergo:
therefore.

essentialism:
the doctrine that things have an essence or ideal nature that is independent of and prior to their existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment