Complete Works of Virginia Woolf: The Voyage Out
The hour being still early, the whole view was exquisitely light and airy; the blues ad greens of sky and tree were intense but not sultry.
"Three hundred years odd," said Mr. Pepper meditatively at length.
1. oppressively hot and damp;
2. giving a suggestion of underlying passion and sensuality;
3. sultry weather is unpleasant because the air is hot and slightly wer;
4. a sultry woman is sexually attractive.
1. approximately or a little more than the number mentioned;