Complete Works of Virginia Woolf:
All old people and many sick people were drawn, were it only for a foot or two, into the open air, and prognosticated pleasant things about the course of the world.
Some said that the sky was an emblem of the life to come.
1. to predict or foretell future events;
2. to be an indication of the likely future course of something;
3. to say what you think will happen in the future;
1. something that represents a perfect example or a principle;
2. a design or picture that represents a country or an organization;