Complete Works of Virginia Woolf:
Easy as it is to exaggerate affinities, still we may claim to be akin to Donne in our readiness to admit contrasts, in our desire for openness, in that psychological intricacy which the novelists have taught us with their slow, subtle, and analytic prose.
1. a natural liking for or identification with somebody or something;
2. a similarity or connection between people or things;
3. a natural understanding and sympathy between people;
1. the complicated parts or details of sth;
2. the character of something that has many aspects or parts arranged together in a particularly complex or artful way;