Then the Lord sent a great wind on the sea, and such a violent storm arose that the ship threatened to break up.
in the Bible, a prophet who was swallowed by a whale but managed to live inside it, whose preaching caused the Assyrians to repent their wickedness.
1. if something bad or unpleasant threatens, it is likely to happen or to affect you;
2. to signify that something bad is going to happen, especially that bad weather is going to arrive;
3. to express or indicate an intention to harm or kill kill somebody;
4. to express an intention to do something that will cause harm, trouble, or inconvenience to somebody else unless that person does what is demanded;
5. to seem likely to result in something unpleasant;